OPENING UP INTERNATIONALLY
In 2022, the AFPMA is launching an international opening-up initiative to develop the international mobility of apprentices.
Strengthening professional and linguistic skills, gaining maturity, autonomy, open-mindedness… The benefits of international mobility for apprentices and their companies are numerous and the AFPMA wishes to give apprentices the opportunity to go and learn abroad as part of their training or after obtaining their diploma.
The AFPMA is keen to establish strong and lasting international partnerships with companies and training organisations to send apprentices on immersion courses abroad and to welcome foreign apprentices to the Péronnas Training Centre or to partner companies in the Ain department.
WHY BECOME AN INTERNATIONAL PARTNER OF THE AFPMA?
- To work with a dynamic and recognised training centre
- To welcome apprentices who have already acquired autonomy and professional skills in their French company
- Receive young people who are selected, motivated and prepared for mobility before departure (linguistic and cultural preparation, etc.)
- Possibility of sending your trainees to follow courses at the AFPMA or in AFPMA’s partner companies
- Carrying out projects that are co-constructed with you to best meet everyone’s expectations
- Work with the AFPMA mobility team who will lead the project and accompany the young people throughout the mobility period
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE AN APPRENTICE IN FRANCE?
An apprentice is a young person (aged 16 to 29) who signs an employment contract with a company to prepare for a diploma.
Throughout their training (1, 2 or 3 years), they alternate periods in the company and periods at the training centre. The apprentice spends approximately 50% of his or her time in the company and 50% at the training centre and is paid a salary.
LIST OF DIPLOMAS AT THE AFPMA
- Level 4 – BTEC National Logistics
- Level 5 – BTEC HND Industrial Product Design
- Level 6 – Bachelor’s Degree Innovation Project Manager.
- Level 3 – City and Guilds Diploma Industrial welding or boilermaking
- Level 4 – BTEC National Industrial Boilermaking Technician
- Level 4 – Supplementary Mention in Welding
- Level 5 – BTEC HND Design and Production in Industrial Boilermaking
- Level 4 – BTEC National Machining Technician
- Level 5 – BTEC HND Products Manufacturing Process and Design
- Level 4 – BTEC National Electrical Engineering and Connected Environments
- Level 5 – BTEC HND Electrotechnics
- Level 4 – BTEC National Maintenance of Connected Production Systems
- Level 5 – BTEC HND Systems Maintenance – Production Systems Option
- Level 5 – BTEC HND Commercial Advisor for Technical Solutions
- Level 5 – BTEC HND Digital Systems – IT and Networks Option
AFPMA, A TRAINING CENTRE DEDICATED TO THE INDUSTRIAL
The AFPMA is a training centre dedicated to the industrial professions, created in 1961 by and for industrial companies.
Located in the heart of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, the AFPMA is situated 50 km from Lyon in the department of Ain, the leading industrial department in France !
Industrial design, boiler making, machining, industrial trade, logistics, maintenance, electrical engineering, digital systems, additive manufacturing, quality, etc. Every year, the AFPMA trains young people in apprenticeships (from EQF level 3 to EQF level 6), employees and job seekers.
The AFPMA is part of the UIMM network of training centres, the leading professional training network in the industry, which includes around fifty centres in France.
The AFPMA is a team of technical trainers from the industrial world.
- Train: Bourg-en-Bresse TGV station, Mâcon Loche TGV station
- Plane: Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport, Geneva Airport
The AFPMA in figures
- 16 diplomas (City and Guilds Diploma, BTEC National, BTEC HND and professionnal degree) – 500 apprentices each year
- 26 certification courses – 120 trainees in work-linked training